Re: How to find why application does not run

--On Wednesday, October 21, 2009 07:21:40 AM -0700 James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you Mr. McKenzie.

The e-Sword version is 9.51

I will have to get this version as I am the maintainer for the Applications
Database.  Please post your testing results there so that I can update the
entry.  I have been working on a particular function within one of the dlls
that is required by e-Sword to display text.  Unfortunately, my job and one
of my hobbies, bicycle riding, forced me to stop work on this for almost a
year.  I am quickly catching up to the most current version of Wine
development to get this function incorporated into Wine.

Also, are you saying that interspersed responses are not good on this list?
I  personally feel that they are superior to pure bottom posting. The only
thing I  ever top post is introductory information that is not a direct
reply to  something in the message to which I'm replying.

Interspersed is much better, however, there is a growing tendency to top post
in the list.  Mixing bottom and top posting makes it very hard to follow a
thread.  Please continue to post in the manner you have been.  I tend to top
post that I have inserted responses within the message just so that folks
will understand what is going on, if necessary.

As do I when I am not fairly certain that the technique is understood.

Plus, I have not been able to use map graphics with most versions of e-Sword,
could you try this as well.

I cannot even get e-Sword to start let alone use map graphics.

James McKenzie

Off topic: I will not post to you directly, Mr. McKenzie, because as a matter of principle I _REFUSE_ to encourage challenge/response systems like you use to fight spam. I vastly prefer less intrusive methods of spam suppression.

--
Jim