Reinstall Wine

Let start by saying that I probably messed up my Wine. After reading somewhere about Wine Trick, and trying to accomplish, Wine doesn't work anymore. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling without any luck. I am looking for any help somebody can afford me. I am running Ubuntu 9.04 and have installed using Synaptic Package Manager. It worked fine before the Wine Trick experiment and would like to get back to that.

Thanks in advance,
Al