Re: Install error Help!

Use winecfg to create a virtual desktop of the desired size and try
your app again.  Fullscreen X11 on OS X is non-functional.

CodeWeavers has it working, from what I remember.

They do, and I believe they've shared some of their X server code (RandR bits, IIRC) with Jeremy from the Xquartz project. Other bits are proprietary, and are not distributed in source form.

Codeweavers does of course distribute their modified Wine source, which works flawlessly if compiled on Snow Leopard - including Direct3D support on my old Intel GMA machines running 10.6. CrossOver Games 8.0 source is based on Wine 1.1.25 and it does the job for me for running D3D games on Snow Leopard; Wine 1.1.29/1.1.30 still flake out on D3D occasionally. The changes to dlls/wined3d in CrossOver Games make for pretty interesting reading! :)

  ryan woodsmall
    rwoodsmall@xxxxxxx