Re: Install error Help!

configure: error: FreeType 32-bit development files not found. Fonts will not be built.

That means the MacPorts FreeType install is not 32-bit (or Universal). You can try rebuilding your dependent packages with a +universal variant; that's MacPorts-specific though, and you'll need to contact them if you have issues.

To build from source, you can follow some of the steps outlined on the wiki:

http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Building

This is all documented; please read - and understand - what you're doing. It's a relatively daunting task to build Wine and its requirements from source on OS X if you want full functionality. Note that there are mixed reports of Direct3D working on OS X. I can personally attest that OpenGL works fine in Wine on my Intel GMA- equipped machines, but Direct3D exhibits odd behavior. If you have an Nvidia- or ATi-based Mac you may have better luck.

Before you go any further, have you checked the AppDB page for your game? It may be worthwhile to look into the status of the program before committing further cycles to this quest.

  ryan woodsmall
    rwoodsmall@xxxxxxx