Re: League of Legends - Beta in Wine

I never got a EULA but my problem was slightly similar to this. I installed everything without issue but when I start the game it looks like it's about to load (I have wine set to display a virtual environment) but then nothing loads, wine just crashes.

Jaunty 9.04 Ubuntu 64-Bit
Radeon HD 4650
Wine 1.0.1

Reading the post above I notice wine has a higher version, duh let's try it. I got 1.1.29. I get the EULA now, however now I get a wine error right after

The program lol.launcher.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.

It then gives me information about how to report bugs. I'm trying a few different things, but I don't really have any good leads. I have no idea how to debug wine to give me any kind of useful output for you but I noticed a problem right off the bat, I can't cd into the Riot Games folder that the installer created on the C drive. I'm going to do some restarts and see if I can fix this, but maybe this can help someone else? This game looked so awesome at PAX, I'd really love to play it on my current system.