Oblivion

I am running compiz fusion with the standard show-off settings (cube with skydome and all that jazz) and I want to run Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion but I don't know how. I made a fresh install via DVD (backup mind you) and run it through wine. The menu pops up (asking if I want to play, uninstall, exit, etc.) and I click play but the window pops up for a second and leaves. Could compiz be the problem or possibly a security issue with the backup disc?