Re: Making wine use the correct OpenGL libraries

On Sep 4, 2009, at 6:35 AM, raziel2001au wrote:

I am trying to compile Wine under Snow Leopard and I finally managed to fix the issue where it could find the OpenGL development headers, but... having done that, it finds the wrong OpenGL libraries by default, in other words, running ./configure with:
But at runtime it can't find the .1 versions of the libraries - I'm guessing because those aren't in the OpenGL framework folder. So, to make this work I'm assuming it needs to use libGL.dylib file instead. So, in a desperate attempt to fix this issue, I tried:
So now it finds the correct libGLU.dylib, but doesn't find libGL.dylib, which exists in the same directory. I think these problems are probably due to changes in Snow Leopard, in theory, all I should need to do is ./configure and it should all just work, but the OpenGL stuff is broken quite well.

OpenGL stuff is not broken, just... changed. You need to specify the path to X11, since Wine uses X and not system/Cocoa frameworks. Quick and dirty:

  export CC="gcc -arch i386 -m32"
  export CXX="g++ -arch i386 -m32"
  export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/X11/include "
  LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11/lib "
  LDFLAGS+="-framework CoreServices -lz -L/usr/X11/lib -lGL -lGLU "
  export LDFLAGS
  ./configure

Once Wine is built and installed, you will also need to specify where to look for libs at runtime as well:

  DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/X11/lib:/usr/lib" wine progname.exe

So OpenGL is not broken; Mac OS X is picky, or broken to an extent, and library search paths have to be set as such. I have had zero time to touch Wine+Mac OS X recently. OpenGL apps work - at least simple tests like wglgears - but I've run into some issues with the Direct3D bits that I have, again, had zero time to investigate. I do have a working Wine 1.1.29 built on Snow Leopard running a few OpenGL apps, Firefox, etc., so a build is definitely doable.

  ryan woodsmall
    rwoodsmall@xxxxxxx