pulseaudio/wine question

When people have audio trouble with programs in wine the first suggestion is always to remove pulseaudio, I'm not questing that - it often fixes the problem, but I do wonder if there are plans to make wine and pulseaudio work better together?

Each new version of the major Linux distros seems to make pulse harder and harder to remove without messing up the system. Outside of wine pulse is great to keep installed for simplicity of audio management.

In wine, default install going to pulse instead of alsa/oss, pulse works fine for all my game sound (WoW, CoH/V, Eve) it just falls over in Ventrilo and Teamspeak (I use the windows version through wine because the native Linux version has horrible sound quality).

Are there any plans to help wine and pulse get along, and/or is there anyone working on this that we non-programmers can help by testing sound out on our systems and sending info to?