Re: confused newbie

austin987 wrote:
> Do you not know what sudo does?

It lets one user execute a command as another user, as long as he is authorized to do so in the sudoers file.

ct@mybox$ sudo -u winuser wine start someapp.exe

This would let me (ct) run wine out of wineprefix ~winuser/.wine - right?  How does any root access occur?  Am I missing something?

Sudo also has many other options to configure the environment for commands thus executed, that may be useful to get this to work "correctly".