Re: WINE install of Dreamweaver MX works; but can't launch DWMX

dimesio wrote:

> > Ok here is the terminal output:
> >
> > rick@rick-desktop:~$ wine start dreamweaver.exe
> > fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
> > rick@rick-desktop:~$ err:module:attach_process_dlls "odbc32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
> > err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Macromedia\\Dreamweaver MX\\Dreamweaver.exe" failed, status c0000005
> >
> > The terminal does not return to "rick@rick-desktop:~$"
> > I have to Ctrl+C to get back. Does this mean it is hanging?
> >
> > I did attach the "odbc32.dll" in winecfg, along with "msvcrt.dll" and "oleaut32.dll"
> > Do I need to attach "odbcint.dll" as well? Any others?
> >
> > Thank you for your help..
> >
> > Rick (shobuz99)
>

> What exactly do you mean by "attach"? Did you actually copy the native dlls to your wineprefix, or did you merely set the override in winecfg? If the latter, you have to copy the native dlls.

Thank you. You are right, again. I only set the override for 3 dlls, in winecfg.
As a matter of fact... The minute I replied to your post; after reading the terminal output, I realized that I hadn't copied the native dlls to the /.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 folder. I did that right after I sent my reply. The results were strange, but eventually worked.
Here's what happened: I copied from my REAL XP windows/system32 drive, the files odbc32.dll, and msvcrt.dll. I left out odbcint.dll.
When I tried it again, the error complained of not finding odbcint.dll, so I went back and copied that from my Real windows/system32 drive.
Then I ran the "wine start dreamweaver.exe" command again. The design code screen came up, and I thought I was good to go.
I selected what layout I wanted and clicked ok.
However, the program went to the Logo; but didn't display the logo..just a blank 'untitled file' rectangle box where the logo should have displayed...
and it just sat there for at least 2 minutes. I was discouraged again because I thought it was 'hung', and got up from the computer to do something else...
When I came back and looked at the screen, I noticed that it had FINALLY loaded. It must have taken at least 3 minutes to completely load.
>From there I was able to actually use Dreamweaver and perform all the necessary preference and site settings required.

My question is: Why did it take so long to load? Do you think I still have some open issues or things I need to fix?
My first thought is that I need to exit the program and try it again and see what happens... or is there a 'shortcut' launch I could create that would load faster?

Thank you very much for your continued help.
It proves that as long as I read and take to your instructions; it works out correctly. I appreciate everything you've done for me.

rick (shobuz99)