Re: Wine and Crossover

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Austin English wrote:

Perhaps because OpenOffice is a free (beer & libre) project, whereas
Microsoft Office isn't. If you don't need the bloat/extra features of
Microsoft Office, then why give Microsoft money for something you
don't need.

I've never been in business, let alone used business software -- so this may be a Very Dumb Question. Is the scuttlebutt I see, to the effect that OO can do anything M$ Office can, mostly better and more reliably (including output Office formats) -- is that not so?

Shop with your wallet, and don't support products just because they're
popular. Support them because you like/prefer them.

Indeed, in thunder. That's why I run Fedora -- soon exclusively, now that I no longer need M$ even to make my GPSs talk to my topo maps.

--
Beartooth Implacable
Death is not evil. Suffering is evil.