Re: Changing the PATH from the command line

Raymond Lillard wrote:
I am not very experienced with the MSDOS command line
and even less so with wine.

I am working on a realtime embedded C project and must,
for the time being, use DOS command line tools.  Since
my work environment for decades has been Unix and Unix-like,
I am trying to get the tool set to run under Wine on Hardy.

I have solved several problems, but now I need to reset
the path.  I have a .bat file which should do this and
I have tried typing

	path=;

directly into an instance of a wine command interpreter
with no result.

I have looked at the FAQ and googled a good bit.  I found
a document where someone said I can't do this and must
change the PATH in the through the registry.  That reference
was several years old so I'm hoping it was either wrong
or out of date.

I can't believe the command line has been so lobotomized !!

Ray

You can use wine cmd to get to a c:> or z:> depending on what directory.
wineconsole is also an option. At that point you and run your c:\autoexec.bat and set the environment. But for Dos based not needing window can be run on dosbox or dosemu or some others. If you need protected mode or the above don't work with your tool set use one of the virtual machines and install msdos or freedos. I have been using Qemu for a while but many other are around. Search your distributions package manager for them.
Paul R.