Re: Linux sound article -- looks like OSS might be a good option for wine

Susan Cragin wrote:
> Comments?
> http://insanecoding.blogspot.com/2009/06/state-of-sound-in-linux-not-so-sorry.html

That Linux sound system Developers have a deep and profound knowledge of
automatic transmissions?

I shouldn't poke too much fun at them. They are a dedicated crew. I hope they
can figure out why USB audio of the VXI head set variety is so problematic.
I've experimented with actually speaking under wine and it works well enough
that I'm frustrated we can't cross the last chasm or two and get it working For
average users.