Re: WoW not working - crash at start after ug to fc11

rednoise wrote:
World of Warcraft]$ wine "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe"

On my install the second 'W' in 'Wow.exe" is not capitalized. It might be worth checking your files or just trying it with the second 'w' lower case and see if it changes anything. It certainly wouldn't be the first time one of us got tripped up by a typo. :)

Other than that, I never used 1.1.18 (went from .15 to .20) so I'm not sure if it had any specific WoW problems, mine is very stable in Wine 1.1.20, have you tried that version or newer?

It might also be worth trying to start it as \Launcher.exe instead of \Wow.exe You should be able to do either but in the past one worked better than the other for some people. ****If you ever set up a desktop shortcut that starts the game with the Launcher: On patch days you can grab and apply the patch fine as normal but when it says it's all done and ready and the Launcher shows up again, close that Launcher window down and restart your game as you normally do. If you just hit 'play' on the Launcher after a patch it usually starts the game without and special tags you might be using (-opengl, etc.) and you end up having to restart anyway.