Re: (Dar)Wine and The Bat!

James McKenzie wrote:

> Is this product publically available for download?  I would like to try
> it on my system to see if a different build fixes the problem.

You can download a trial version here:
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php

I'm using The Bat! v4.1.11 Professional Edition (http://www.ritlabs.com/download/the_bat/thebat_pro_4-1-11.msi).

vitamin wrote:

> This means you installed something else other then Bat! that came with this driver.
>
> Remove/rename your ~/.wine directory and reinstall your program.

I did this several times during my tests. Using a freshly created .wine directory, I install the program and check that there's no oreans.vxd. After starting The Bat!, the error message I mentioned above appears, as well as the oreans.vxd inside the windows directory.

So I'm quite sure that the driver is placed there by The Bat!, at least on Mac OS.