Re: Problem with EVE-Online

Darkslayer wrote:
Now I'm running into an error msg that says "Your computer does not meet the minium requirements for Eve. You need to have a graphics card that supports Shader Model 2 or higher." <snip>  ATI X1650 <snip> I can't find any drivers for it.

I haven't read the whole thread but here's some posts on the Eve forum about this that might have some ideas:

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1033885

From a quick scan of the thread it looks like you will want the official ATI driver, newest version, not the open source driver. There is also mention in the thread of a patch for wine that properly installs some msv(something).dll but the thread is a few months old so you may need to dig at winehq and see if that patch is built into newer wine versions already.

The message seems to happen because Eve uses it's patching program to decide if your card/drivers are good enough and something with that patching program and wine doesn't work right for Eve to recognize your card/driver properly. Again, that's a quick scan of the thread and not having checked changes for newer wine versions, so you may have to do some searching to track it down. It does look like you should be able to get it working fine with that card, though.