Re: Naturally speaking under wine help needed

Austin English wrote:

The active app is never a windows application, right? Is the
application always launched before notepad, or can it be launched
after notepad?

In theory, it could be anything in Windows or wine. The important difference is that we can use NaturallySpeaking's built-in tools to dictate into any wine resident application (which is why dictating into notepad works)

The way things work now, the target application can be launched at any time up to the point where I need to paste the data. There is no coupling in the current environment. The current line of thinking is that binding an instance of the editor to an instance of the application would be a good thing so that you could work in multiple applications and even leave partially dictated thoughts in the editors while you go do something else. The example this would be working on code or documentation as your long-term process and then you get a phone call or an instant message they need to deal with right away. You would then just switch to the new application, bind a NaturallySpeaking connection to that application and then dictate away. When you are done with the introduction, you return to where you were and you haven't lost any data.

Also, please don't think that all of these state changes need to be manual. They really should be as automatic as possible so that I can bring up an application and start dictating. I shouldn't need to do anything else to make it possible for the text or the grammar driven command and control to reach my target application.

--- eric

Speech recognition at work. It makes mistakes, I correct some