ulimit -n ignored/ Max files reached

I am having a problem with running utorrent on wine. After running for a little while I eventually get:

Error: Too many files open.

I have set ulimit -n unlimited which gives me:

Code:

root@¹óô: 02:43 AM :~# ulimit -n
1048576
root@¹óô: 02:43 AM :~#

Also its got plenty of file descriptors so it doesn't seem like wine is truly using up to that amount:

Code:

root@¹óô: 02:43 AM :~# cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr
11904   0       2097152
root@¹óô: 02:43 AM :~#

Anyone know what I can do to prevent this error or up the maximum amount of open files wine can have?