What's the performance of the intel x3100 like?

I know at first glace you might think it's terrible, but in my experience in windows it's pretty good. my question really is, do intel drivers suffer from the same  or similar issues that ati drivers do when it comes to running directx games under wine? or is it simply a matter of power? it'd really be a shame to not be able to play even old games on my laptop