Re: Darwine: Running an SDL game

On Apr 24, 2009, at 1:17 PM, James Mckenzie wrote:

One suggestion: Grab the build environment from Mike Kronenberg. It includes all of these libraries and then you can build against XQuartz 2.3.3.

BTW, Wine 1.1.20 was released today as well.

Mike can keep Darwine ;) I'm a Linux admin by trade; building software like Wine (and its dependencies) from source and running everything from the terminal is simply more comfortable to me. I also use a number of WINEPREFIXES, leave multiple versions of Wine installed for testing and can easily build and install new deps without any issues. Not very Mac-like, I know, but it works for me.

All the apps I use are up and running in 1.1.20 already - just compiled and verified!

  ryan woodsmall
    rwoodsmall@xxxxxxx

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." - Garrison Keillor