Strange resolution bug...

I've been trying install Jane's USAF in Wine 1.1.17, but the installer performs a system test and goes through a resolution check.  Afterwards the installer doubles both the X and Y values for the installer.  In other words, I can see the top-left quarter of the screen only.  I have tried emulating a virtual desktop and a few other things, but nothing fixes it.  I wanted to check here for a possible fix prior to filing a bug report.