Re: Limiting memory for MM9

Martin Gregorie:

>Another way to see what might be hogging CPU is simply to start another
>Linux terminal window and run 'top' in it.

I find that htop shows more information and i was just taking some
related screenshots.

First for comparison one for the load on a running mm8, without delays.
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/mm8_running_load.png (71 KB)

Next one of the start of mm9
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/mm9_running.jpg (124 KB)

for which the load is
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/mm9_running_load.png (76 KB)

By the way, running mm9 shows no problems so far besides the one with
switching from the gameplay to a game menu.

Now to the switching. This time with esc to the main menu. Taken with
import from a xterm on workspace 6, visiting workspace 2 with the
running htop and then workspace 1 withe the running mm9.

http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/mm9_switching.jpg (177 KB)
Hm, i should have taken a .png for this instead of a .jpg.

No sign of mm9 is shown. Instead part of workspace 2 appears in the
window of mm9.

The load during the switching:
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/mm9_switching_load.png (76 KB)

And finally the result of the switching:
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/mm9_after_switching.jpg (179 KB)

Using this menu is quick. No delays. Until i click on 'Spiele Laden'
which means 'Load Game'.

This takes the aforementioned 50 seconds. But, after starting mm9, the
first 'Load Games' was quick. Hm.

Hartmut