Re: Applications on Vista Partition

kbaxter <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Sent: Jan 24, 2009 11:53 PM
>To: wine-users@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject:   Applications on Vista Partition
>
>I have several programs (Adobe CS2 etc...) installed on a Windows Vista partition. So far I haven't been able to
>use Wine to run these executables. I installed Wine with the hope that I could operate these programs from within >my Ubuntu partition.

You made an incorrect assumption.  You have to install these programs from within Wine.  This is the only sure method that they will run properly.

>Is this not the way Wine is programmed to operate? Are there steps I am missing? What am I doing wrong?

No.  Wine is not designed to work the way that you want to.  You cannot just install Wine and then assign a drive letter to your Vista partition and then go right to work.

Sorry if his is the impression you received, but alas it is incorrect.

James McKenzie