Re: Running MetaTrader 4 in Wine

On 2009-01-16 (Friday) 13:23:19 mel8331 wrote:
> Metatrader 4 ( http://www.metaquotes.net/ ) do run in Wine but is not fully
> compatible ie not all function are working. I wish future Wine will enable
> Metatrader 4 to run properly.

	What exactly doesn't work for you? Personally I use Wine in my server where I
have many instances of Metatrader running simultaneously. I use a lot of
functions in Metatrader and everything working great for me (note that
I'm using some native dlls). However, version of Wine I use in my server is
pretty old - obviously I can't upgrade it often because of possible
regressions in Wine: this isn't acceptable for my particular task (if Wine
fail to work properly I may lose real money). In other words I didn't test
Metatrader with new Wine.

	If you describe what exactly doesn't work for you I (probably) can give you
advice(s) how to deal with the problem(s). Also don't forget to mention what
version of Wine you are using, what build of Metatrader and what native
dll(s).