Re: Can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

Bob Morane wrote:
vitamin wrote:
There are few known issues with that. Use winetricsk to install msvc runtime: http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

That's what i did, but it didn't work that well.

James McKenzie wrote:
You need to try the last item with a clean wine.

I was 99% positive that's what i did. Looks like i fell in the other 1%. Completely removed wine and .wine directory, reinstalled wine and tried again. Winetricks allowed me to install vcrun2005 this time.
Note : it didn't install in system32 but in strangely named sub-folders of the winsxs folder.

Now i don't get dll errors, but the app fails to initialize it's openGL display.

Code:
WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed

I tried reverting to metacity instead of compiz-fusion with metacity --replace before running it, it didn't help.
Looks like i'll keep my windows partition in the end. Thanks for your help.
You need to remove both compiz and Metacity. No extenders will work with Wine right now.

James McKenzie