Wine Config Blank

I just installed Wine on Ubuntu 8.10
When I had installed Wine a few days ago under Wubi, it looked and worked just fine, but now that I have installed it on a normal full Ubuntu installation, when I open the Wine configuration, it is totally void of text. If I click a tab, the text flashes quickly and then disappears again. Any ideas?
 [Image: http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/215/wineblankab4.jpg ]