Re: WoW - WotLK - install is a hassle :(

Imamale wrote:
ok heres what I did:

Inorder to mount the DVD with all the hidden files shown, I had to first unmount it. In a terminal type

Code:
sudo umount /media/cdrom0/
sudo mount /media/cdrom0/ -o unhide

now you should get a window opening up on your desktop showing you all the hidden files on the DVD. Next I created a new folder on the desktop to which I want to place the files that I am going to copy from the DVD. The folders name is arbitrary 'wowinstall'

your going to need to have root permissions to copy the files from the cd

Code:
sudo cp -r /media/cdrom0/* Desktop/wowinstall

>From this point, you should be hearing your DVD drive spool up and then process your command. After a few minutes, all the files should be moved over. It took me two attempts to get all the files from the DVD over onto my HDD.

Next the instructions Im following tell me to browse to the place where the installer is, in mycase its:

Code:
~/Desktop/wowinstall/Installer.exe

from which it tells me to change directory into that folder

Code:
cd Desktop/wowinstall
user@computer:~/Desktop/wowinstall$
I may be wrong but you need to do a chown -R userName:userName /Desktop/wowinstall

Change username you your own username such as
sudo chown -R lmamale:lmamale /Desktop/wowinstall or sudo chown -R Tom:Tom /Desktop/wowinstall
what ever your user name is on your system
hope it helps ....I getting ready to give it a try in about 1hr

Mark