Re: What does "fixing tests failures" mean for users?

Fazer wrote:
> I noticed there are lots of "fixing tests failures" commits in Wine git and they made me curious. How do a normal user benefit from them? What do those tests do? Why is it so important to make them work?

Tests prove the correctness of code.   Generally, when working out a bug or implementation you write a test that passes on Windows and then work on Wine until the test passes there and cause no additional failures.  Higher test coverage prevents regressions and serves as documentation.