Re: Darwine issues

Ack, sent off-list, sorry about that. Just forwarding.. in addition to responding (later down)..

On Oct 30, 2008, at 11:54 PM, James McKenzie wrote:

Zach Drayer wrote:

On Oct 30, 2008, at 11:10 PM, James McKenzie wrote:

adcurtin wrote:
I am trying to use darwine 1.1.7 on 10.5.5 and am having issues. I
downloaded the package from thisismyinter.net and is doesn't run
anything, including the sample winelib applications. However, when I use the version from http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/ it runs just
fine. I have XQuartz 2.3.1 as well. This started recently, I can't
remember what did it. Here is a link to the output when I try to run
winefile.exe: http://pastebin.com/f374330ca
What is wrong, and what can I do to fix it?

Andy:

I will try to replicate.

Zach:

Do you know of any problems with your builds of Darwine and Leopard
(10.5.5) and XQuartz?

James McKenzie

Its the first I'm hearing of this problem & I can't reproduce it :\
... My suggestion would be to move ~/.wine elsewhere, and trash
~/Library/Preferences/org.wine.winehelper.plist then to try running
the sample apps again.  Or to try running
"Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/wine Darwine/Sample\ WineLib\
Applications/notepad.exe" and see if that runs on its own without
being launched by WineHelper.app.
It is the first time I've heard of this type of problem as well.  I'm
wondering if his XQuartz installation is not right.  There is another
posting tonight with problems installing XQuartz 2.3.1. I think that is
the version I have installed here, and it took a matter of seconds to
install.

James McKenzie

fwiw, I'm on Xquartz 2.3.2 beta 2 - Though that's a recent update, i was on 2.3.1 when i compiled my builds of Darwine (1.0.1 and 1.1.7 were both compiled on the same day, so another possible test would be to run 1.0.1 and see if that has problems. If that has problems as well, it indicates that there are some problems on my end, rather then his end.

-Zach