Wine - GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) and fb_copy_to_texture_d

>From a clean install of Ubuntu and Wine, I have been able to successfully start and run EQ2, but at the Character select screen and actually in the game, the game has an unbearable delay in recognizing and reacting to any mouse motions or clicks.

My set up is as follows:

Wine 1.1.5
Ubuntu Hardy 8.04
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS
3 Gig of RAM
Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz

          I have determined the problem, but I am not sure if it is merely a configuration error on my end, or Wine in general. Upon rendering anything that requires textures, the command line output is as follows:

          fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constantsF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUniform4fvARB() @ glsl_shader.c / 265
          fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUniform4fvARB @ glsl_shader.c / 445
          fixme:d3d:state_zfunc D3DCMP_NOTEQUAL and D3DCMP_EQUAL do not work correctly yet
          fixme:d3d_surface:fb_copy_to_texture_direct Doing a pixel by pixel copy from the framebuffer to a texture, expect major performance issues

For many other games my Wine install works perfectly...

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks in advance.