Re: GIT and cdrom access

why would git not provide all patches available? isnt it meant to be the basis of the public available packages?

i think my first post is too long and confusing, this is a summary:

all versions of the packages (ubuntu) install the game properly (but then when playing I get the bug 15553)

all versions from git (doing a regression test i even tried a pre 1.0  wine) do not install the game properly because the cd is not recognised somehow (though wine can see it)

I think i better get some screen shots over the bug section...