eMailaya GUI issues but functional

I am trying to get eMailaya to work but I am getting theme problems. This is a free mailserver previewer on steroids. It doesn't need installation and consists of a small, single exe that runs from anywhere. There are additional dll files to be downloaded optionally for more functionality (eg SSL support). I am in touch with the developer as a beta tester and he confirms everything eMailaya needs is packed in the portable exe. I tried to run it with Wine in 800x600x16 and it seems to work but the interface looks broken (buttons, colours etc). I think it would make an interesting addition to the list of compatible apps. Any ideas what might be wrong? I tried various settings in Wine 0.9.61 (I can't easily update at the moment). It can be downloaded from www.emailaya.com