Re: New apps for wine

nick wrote:
Hi all this is my first post, so if I need to be directed to other
places, thanks for the assistance in advance. I,ve been attempting to
wean my family off windoze for some time, and now have a few boxes
and laptops running fc8.

I've set up the latest version of Wine and have successfully
installed Myob v13 (with a few glitches: date format is not correct
for Australia, despite altering the format in the[international] part
of the registry, and an inability to customise my invoices with a
bitmap image.

Hi Nick

That's interesting that you were able to run MYOB 13.

I've been trying to use MYOB 14.1, and it runs OK, but I can't get it to print invoices.
See http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=865&highlight=myob

Were you able to print successfully?

I got around "custom" invoice selection by transferring in the old customised form and deleting everything else. I have the advantage that I only ever send out one type of invoice anyway.

I didn't actually check the date format, but as I was using a "company" file I had already set up in Windows, that may have set the formatting appropriately.

Russell