Re: Winelib: How can I compile a Borland C++ Builder application

You have at least a few options:
- try to use Kylix (yes, it also supports C++). The downside is that it's old and not really supported, - compile and link your program on Windows and use Wine. It will be no less 'native' than a Winelib application, - port it to ObjectPascal :p, and try to use Lazarus (http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/), - consider a switch to another framework - Qt and GTK (e.g. using gtkmm, GTK's C++ binding).

Winelib does not make it possible to create a standalone ELF executable - this would create more problems than it would solve. Still even if it did the VCL uses Borland's extensions as mikolajz said (and is a proprietary product in the first place - there is an open-source version called FreeCLX, but I doubt it will work with anything other than Borland's C++ compiler).

Jan Jezabek

--
My GSoC 2008 development blog: http://jezabekgsoc.wordpress.com/