Re: Can't make "Running MS Office 97 under Linux with Wine&

Those instructions are old. I dug out my Office 97 cd and just tested it in 1.1.1; it installed perfectly with no overrides or registry hacks whatsoever--I didn't even change the Windows version. Delete or rename your .wine directory and try installing with default Wine settings. If you run into problems, post console output.

FYI, if you ever do need to install dcom98 for something, the easiest way to do it is through winetricks: http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks