Re: unwanted programs still showing

For what it's worth, that confused me a LOT too. I am an intermediate Ubuntu user, and when I was first messing around with Wine a few versions ago. I had no idea that the ~ was shorthand for the home directory.  [Embarassed] Perhaps that should be posted somewhere, or is it something that the average user should already know?