vitamin wrote:
Silent wrote:
John Drescher wrote:
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Silent <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You somehow have 2 versions of wine installed? Did you ever install from source?

John

I'm not sure what you mean by the "source"? I followed one of the wine installation guides. I can't remember which one though, soo.. I can find a folder called "winecomp" inside it, is the old version one.
In the terminal run

Code:
which wine

If it returns something like "/usr/local/bin/wine" then you previously compiled and installed Wine yourself. And that directory you indicated above "winecomp" is most likely the source.

If it is indeed the source dir you can 'cd' into it and run 'sudo make uninstall'. That should remove your self-compiled Wine.

So, you're saying I should go INTO my winecomp and do 'sudo make uninstall' ? Or the "/usr/local/bin/wine" then 'sudo make uninstall' there?

cd winecomp
sudo make uninstall
After this completes install the latest Fedora Wine version 1.0

I don't know the entire directory structure to the winecomp directory, but that is what should be in the first line.

James McKenzie