Re: Guild Wars unplayable with wine 1.0rc5

2008/6/17 GNU_Raziel <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx>:> Hi,>> I've tested wine 1.0rc5 today with fully up-to-date Debian testing and latest NVIDIA Driver and Guld Wars and here my report :> -Incredibly slow (run over-smoothly on the same system with windows XP)> -Absolutlly no shaders displayed (char over-bright, horrible effects, ect...)> -Texture problem in loggin screen (i can see "junction" of texture in the background)>> I've tested many wine configurations (shaders, OffScreenrenderer, ect...) and the output if always the same, sometimes even more dirty...>> I've tested other games (c&c3, quake 4-linux native binary, NWN-Linux native binary, some reflexive arcade games) and they run fine.>> That's all, if someone expect the same problems, post here :)>
Did you write to ArenaNet and tell them that you want Guild Wars forLinux? Here is their contact page:http://www.arena.net/contact.php
Let them know that you use Linux and that you would like to play theirgame. If we start writing to the software houses, then they willrealize that there is a market for their products under Linux.
Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.comhttp://gibberish.co.ilא-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת;
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?