Re: Which Wine Download?

Stephen,

That may be one area where you'll have to live a little more around command line. I don't know for sure how to get the menu items added when playing via source. I can however tell you that on Ubuntu with source-compiled wine, every time I install something, it adds an entry to the menu (at least in GNOME).

That said, to configure wine, you should be able to just type "winecfg" from command line and that will allow you to configure things.

-Zac

stevecarter wrote:
Zac,

Done all that and wine --version now says 1.0-rc4

However (showing my ignorance) there are no items in the PCLinuxOS menus, so I don't know how to configure it.

Once again, have I missed something important?

Peace and all good.

Stephen Carter