new to linux, question about wine..

I'm brand new to linux and want to install wine, I have Ubuntu 7.04 at the moment. I would like to know which Linux version I would need to install wine. I think I can figure it out once wine is installed, however, I can't make sense of the directions on the website. I have downloaded the newest version one wine but don't know how to actually use it or anything. Please help, It is very urgent.

Thanks for your time,
Steve.