Re: Installing in wrong place

John Drescher wrote:

> Perhaps the dosdevices on the ~/.wine is messed up?

Possibly, though I was thinking that he may simply be getting the syntax wrong.

But I did have another thought: Steve, I know in your original post you said you downloaded the setup file to your local desktop, but were you logged in as root when you did that? If you were, then root owns that file and you need to change the ownership before you can access it as a normal user.