Re: Wine support 4core CPU?

vitamin wrote:
James McKenzie wrote:
Is Wine cleanly multi-threaded?

Well yes it uses posix threads when they are available (most platforms now days).

Thank you for clearing this up. As I stated I have two cores and maybe MacOSX is not POSIX thread compliant.
The only two bottlenecks I can think of - wineserver and x11lock. Wineserver is single-threaded. And x11lock - used to limit all communications with X11 server to one thread at a time.
Maybe that is where I got the one-thread for Wine from.
This old dog is never too old to learn new tricks.

James McKenzie