I need Help

I know this is probably somewhere in the fourms but i have know idea where to start looking. I want to get IPX working in my Feedora 8 x86_64 install so i can play Yuri's revenge of a network. I already have ipxutils installed but i have know idea how to use them and i see all theses threads with "patches" which i can only assume are modified source code but i would be damned if i knew how to edit the source properly to apply them. so any help that would be much apprechiated