Re: dinput_test works but WINEDEBUG shows no joystick for game?

On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 19:37 -0500, vitamin wrote:
> gnivler wrote:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XInput
> >
> > It says that it uses a different API and it's specifically for xbox 360
> > controllers among other things.  This is one of the overrides I have to
> > use to get the game running, along with d3dx9_36.
>

> Instead of wasting my time you should have said something about that in the beginning. This is 100% not implemented in Wine.

Hey man, I don't see the need to get angry, I wasn't jerking you around
because I wanted to.  I've been polite and as thorough as I'm able to
be.  I know how frustrating user support can be too, I've done it for a
long time.  I'm sorry for wasting your time, but I can at least tell you
that your time spent on me has actually helped me quite a lot, I've
learned.  I didn't have the slightest clue that xinput and dinput are
different things, I'm not an expert on the subject.  I have no hard
feelings and hope you can say the same thing, I'd like to continue being
part of this list but I don't want to feel assaulted for honest
mistakes.  Apologies if I am misinterpreting or overreacting, I am prone
to doing that too.

On the xinput side of things, I didn't pull up anything on AppDB or
Bugzilla that seemed to hit the topic directly, is that purely something
the devs work on, or can users help in some way?