Re: cannot locate cdrom

finewine wrote:
Im tryingn to run a cd from the windows 3.1 to '95 era. Its a Ford factory service manual disk for pulling up automotive diagnostics/schematics etc.  The disk installed without a problem using wine /path/to/cdrom/install.exe . I can also run the locally installed executable file without a problem once again using wine /path/to/local.exe .  The problem is that the program requires a callback to the cdrom drive either to load the files on the fly or for protection.  Every time I actually try to load one of the schematics/pages the program just says:

Please Insert volume 1995 Truck CD-ROM - Revision 11.0

with the usual ok/cancel/help buttons. Ive tried manually creating the cdrom device in winecfg and also using the autodetect, both with no luck. I also tried manually entering the volume label exactly as the dialog box requested it with no luck.
Did you create the drive as D: ? Most programs from that era expect the drive to be at that location. Also be aware that Wine's support of Windows 3.1 and Windows95 programs is very limited.

James McKenzie