Re: Wine and security, keeping viruses contained

JerryQuest skrev:
Exactly what I mean. Wine should not enable the simulated Windows to access my Linux desktop if the respective check-box is NOT activated. This is either a bug or wrong design.

Was that a reply to my comment? If so, what ARE you talking about? I just stated that Windows DID NOT access your Linux desktop. It was Wine's doing, spawning a Unix shell script to create a link on your desktop, for your convenience (or agitation, as it were).

That said, Wine isn't a sandbox, you can't really stop malicious software from doing anything your user can do, if that software really wants to break out of the simulated Windows environment.