Re: Who asking users to install native DirectX?

vitamin wrote:
David Shaw wrote:
Please do not assume that everyone knows and understands what you do and that those who don't are dumb, Vitamin. *I* don't understand why trying to install DirectX under Wine is a bad idea (not that I've ever wanted to do so) and, with an IQ of 148, I can hardly be accused of being dumb. Thank you.

David Shaw

With such a high IQ you sure should know how to use google.

I do - and I do. However, my point was that not everyone is at your level of knowledge of Wine - as, indeed, you are not at my level of knowledge in some field or other (not knowing your background, I cannot say what that field may be, but I can guarantee that there is one) - and simply to accuse people of being dumb because of that is somewhat offensive. Should you ever need my help in that field - or anyone else's help in a field in which their knowledge and experience is superior to yours - would you be happy with my calling you dumb simply because you come to me for assistance and education rather than going to Google? I suspect you would not tolerate that kind of treatment from me and I would therefore ask that you not expect us to tolerate it from you. Thank you.

David Shaw