Re: Who asking users to install native DirectX?

On 4/26/08, chourmovs <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>>> vitamin wrote:> > More and more poor clueless users getting to nowhere installing that> stuff according to some howtos. Who are writing those? And why are they> directing people to install it in the first place?> >> > The only person I've found who created that howto everyone links to -> Tom Wickline states EXPLICITLY THAT THIS IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY!!! AND> NOT TO BE USED WITH ANY REAL LIFE APPLICATION!> >> > Are there are somebody else who directs users to do that?> >> > Oh and btw all topics regarding problems after/during installing native> DirectX on Wine will be deleted.>>>> ???>> Not sure to understand...>> Aim of nowadays 1.0 development is web and office windows app that comes> against lambda user first aim witch is to make his windows game working,> cause sometime it can and most of the case it's not very far>> Script and frontend owner listen better to users community than wine's dev> team> I don'tjudge that cause wine and me is not a long history but i don't> really understand your topic>> beta or alpha is always better than nothing

Either way, if a user is taking what someone says is fortesting/experimental purposes only, finds it doesn't work, and expectssupport for it, they obviously are mistaken and will not receive thatsupport. RTFM (granted, out of date...RTFF instead?)-------------- next part --------------An HTML attachment was scrubbed...URL: http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/attachments/20080426/54b83abb/attachment.htm