Re: Wine on Windows 7

I strongly doubt Microsoft will change anything about Windows.  And how exactly would running Wine be trivial?  Especially if legacy support will be either reduced to mediocracy or abandoned completely?

>From what I can tell, all that's needed to build a Windows version of Wine is a Windows installation, a copy of Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition (free download from microsoft.com), the Wine source code, and some knowledge of C++.

And besides running legacy applications on Windows 7, there are other benefits to running Wine on Windows.  After all (hypothetically speaking), wouldn't it be great to run programs for newer versions of Windows on older, less expensive versions, or vice versa?