Re: WINE causing USB ports to shut down?

Dan Kegel wrote:
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:37 PM, steelisreal <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been experiencing my USB ports shutting down the ones on the
 back and then the hub at the front.  This happens at a randon time and
 comes back only at reboot.   Through troubleshooting I have narrowed
 the issue down to happening when WINE is running.  I currently have
 not run WINE in two day and all ports are still working.

 I am using Ubuntu 8.04 beta.

Does it happen when you're just running Wine's notepad quietly in the
background?

Regardless, this sounds like a system problem, not a Wine problem.
- Dan

Dan:

From what I remember that USB device drivers cannot be accessed directly by Wine. I'm with you, this is a beta and might have a bug or two.

Also, I'm with you. Run Notepad as a background task and see if the USB ports are disabled. I'm thinking more a kernel problem in Ubuntu 8.04 beta.

James